Thursday 14 July 2011

2011 DJ Stylus Awards

My First Red Carpet event thanks to my new affiliate Avont Inc.  (http://www.avontinc.com/)

What a trip. Seeing so many of the artists and celebs I have seen and heard on tv and Radio, was a great experience for me. Most were a lot more down to earth than I had expected. I had the pleasure of meeting Maestro Fresh Wes and wow! He looks exactly the same, even after all these years. Being one of the pioneers of Canadian Hip Hop, I for sure had to capture him, as well as take a fan shot with him (I know, I know) Last time I saw this cat live, I was 15, in Ottawa @ Canada Day, Landsdowne Park. 16 yrs ago, LOL!!!



                                                           Myself and the Maestro

Another artist I was excited to meet was Bishop Brigante.  I love this guys music. Been a fan since back in the day ("Thats the way" and "Don't touch that")  Bishop was really down to earth and easy to approach. He was a class act all the way.




Myself and Bishop


Seeing industry leaders like 2Rude and Keisha Chante, and Jully Black was amazing as well 



Even George Strombolopolous was in attendance. I remember when he host of The Punk Show, then host of The NewMusic, MuchLOUD and MuchNews.


I also ran into Shawn Desman, who I've previously shot in during an appearance in Waterloo, On, @ Cameo Night club. 140 University Ave West.


Big thanks to JRD from Avont Inc. This cat knows everyone I tell you!



You can see many more of the photos and Canadian Celebs you love by visiting the Avont Inc. Facebook page.  Just click the link below.


More to come from me, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment