Friday 29 July 2011

The Simon Sisters

A great group of girls. We were doing some portfolio work on the rooftop of my studio. No ambient lighting, so we did it essentially blind. Two Nikon strobes (sb-600's in Wireless mode) one with a fong half cloud diffuser, the other with a shoot through umbrella.   The Girls did such a great job. I didn't realize until the first flash went off when we were shooting against the brick wall, that it was covered in graftiti, especially with colors that would lend themselves so well to the clothing. I found it gave a very 80's B-Boy feel to the shoot.




Anyway, the makeup was done by Katerina Simon (aka Sweetness), with photography, and artistic direction by yours truly.


 This was one of the few times I've used the sb-600's this way, and I must say I do prefer studio lighting, but they sure did the trick. We did a quick wardrobe change and on to a different, and more refined look. I liked the contrast of the playfullness of the Wild 80's B-Boy, and the sophisticated edgy look of the black wardrobe.



I was very pleased at how each sister's personality seems to shine through. I get a different feeling with the expression and emotions converyed in the faces of each one. I really loved how they turned out in black and white.

As always, another successfull shoot with Katerina Simon. Her makeup skills are amazing and I can't wait to work with her again.

Simo Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment